A Non-Executive Director is a member of the Board of Directors and brings independence, external skills and perspectives, and challenge to strategy development. Directors share a corporate responsibility for the governance and performance of the Trust in meeting both strategic and operational objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist fellow Directors in setting the Trust’s strategic aims, ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the Trust to meet its objectives, and that performance is effectively monitored and reviewed.
2. Assist fellow Directors in setting the Trust’s values and standards and ensure that its obligations to its stakeholders and the wider community are understood and fairly balanced at all times.
3. Provide independent judgment and advice on issues of strategy, vision, performance, resources and standards of conduct and constructively challenge, influence and help the Board develop strategies.
4. Commit to working to, and encouraging within the Trust, the highest standards of probity, integrity and governance and contribute to ensuring that the Trust’s governance arrangements conform with best practice and statutory requirements.
5. In accordance with agreed Board procedures, monitor the performance and conduct of management in meeting agreed goals and objectives and statutory responsibilities, including the preparation of annual reports and annual accounts and other statutory duties, ensuring all occurs in the best interests of the public.
6. Obtain assurance that financial information is accurate and that financial controls and risk management systems are robust and defensible.
7. Be a member (and, where approved by the Board, be Chair) of committees established by the Board to exercise delegated responsibility and support accountability.
8. As a member of the Board, appoint, remove, support, encourage and where appropriate ‘mentor’ the Chief Executive and Executive Directors, and determination of appropriate levels of remuneration for executive directors.
9. Review the Chairman’s performance along with the Senior Independent Director.
10. Engage positively and collaboratively in Board discussion of agenda items and act as an ambassador for the Trust in engagement with stakeholders including the local community, and dealing with the media when appropriate.
11. Attend meetings of the Council of Governors at a frequency to be agreed by the Board, to ensure an understanding of Governors’ views on issues of strategy and performance, as a basis for taking such views into account during Board discussions.
12. Avoid conflicts with interests outside the Trust, as defined in the Foundation Trust Constitution.
Educated to Masters level, or to demonstrate an equivalent qualification or level of experience.
1. Experience of working successfully at a Senior or Board level in an organization of an equivalent size and complexity, with one of the following specialist areas of knowledge:
• Clinical, ideally with managerial or leadership responsibility
• Finance and accountancy
• Governance, bringing strategic analysis, decision making, risk and performance management skills, ideally with a customer or patient focus
• Commercial experience, bringing both governance and private sector experience with a customer or patient focus
2. Evidence of success at a senior level within an organization of comparable scale,
3. Experience of strategic leadership of organizational change and culture in challenging economic and fiscal times.
4. The confidence and motivation to improve the Trust’s quality of service and performance, and to plan for and address challenges as they are forecast or arise.
5. Full commitment to the Trust’s values and behaviors and patient-led service development programmers.
- Executive Secretary property Development Experience: 4 - 5 Country: BAHRAIN Last date to apply: 26-10-2019 View Details
- General Manager Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 10 - 15 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 15-10-2019 View Details
- Legal Counsel Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 7 - 10 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 15-10-2019 View Details
- Director / Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 10 - 15 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 13-10-2019 View Details
- Group finance Controller Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 8 - 12 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 13-10-2019 View Details