This is a high stake role where the incumbent works with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure that all types of risks of the Company are well articulated and addressed through various mechanisms including but not limited to policies, procedures, internal guidelines, and reporting.
• To develop an operational risk appetite, operational risk limit, operational risk ratios for all the departments.
• To develop key risk indicators for every department and ensure that departments’ heads and employees are conscious of these risks in terms of consequences and methods of mitigations.
• Participate in the reviews of the company’s policies, procedures and business processes.
• Reviews contracts and advise the Chief Executive Officer on the potential impact and risk mitigations tools for such contracts.
• Participate in any product development and help the departments address the potential risks of such products.
• Reviews all operational processes to identify key risks and assures proper treatment of such risks.
• To report the liquidity status, liquidity risk limits and ratios to the Board Audit Committee and ensure that the Liquidity Risk Management Policy are updated as per the CBB guidelines.
• Conduct scenarios of liquidity stress testing and present such results to the Chief Executive Officer, ALCO and the Board Audit Committee.
• Keep abreast of market liquidity and report to the Chief Executive Officer and ALCO the potential impact on the company’s borrowing capacities.
• Conduct regular reviews on a sample basis to ensure that newly sanctioned loans are within the credit risk appetite approved by the Board, and that applications, documentations and loans are within the Credit Risk Module of the CBB.
• Report to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board Audit Committee severe cases of non-compliance with the credit policies.
• Participate in the annual review of the Company’s products pricing terms and conditions.
• Work with the Chief Executive Officer to develop portfolio risk appetite including portfolio risk limits and ratios and products risk limits and ratios.
• Develop reporting tools that ensure the detection of early warning signals for any breach of risk limits at both portfolio and product level.
• Review the Company’s hedging strategies and conduct stress testing scenarios on interest rates. These tests are to be highlighted to both the Chief Executive Officer and the Board Audit Committee.
• Keep abreast of interest rates benchmarks and report to the Chief Executive Officer and ALCO the potential impact on the company’s profitability.
• Conduct annual training sessions to the employees of departments to enhance the risk management culture.
• Keep abreast of all developments of rules and guidelines and their consequent impact on risks and operations.
• Share with management all new rules and guidelines.
• Disseminate all new risk tools and treatments.
People of Company:
• Creation of self-evaluation forms that address all types of risks for each department on a monthly basis.
• Review all growth strategies and proposals so as to assess financial and non-financial risks and key treatment controls.
A minimum of Master Degree in Banking/Accounting plus 3 years of experience in a similar field or a Master Degree in any related field plus 5p years of experience in a similar field. With higher education degree, less number of years of experience is accepted. Simultaneously, lower education degree with extensive experience may be considered.
Certificates and Licenses
ICA, ACAMS and GARP/PRMIA
- Investor’s Relations & Corporate Governance Manager Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 10 - 15 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 21-07-2019 View Details
- Assistant Finance Manager - Retail hypermarkets, retail Experience: 5 - 7 Country: BAHRAIN Last date to apply: 13-07-2019 View Details
- Operations Manager Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 5 - 10 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 08-06-2019 View Details
- Manager & Quantity Surveyor Fabrication of Structural Steels Experience: 15 - 20 Country: SAUDI ARABIA Last date to apply: 08-06-2019 View Details
- Head of Engineering Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 10 - 10 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 25-05-2019 View Details