The financial Controller oversees the day to day activities of the finance team and ensures the company’s finance function is organized, efficient and produces financial and management accounts
Detailed duties & responsibilities:
• Management of the financial function and overseeing its implementation
• Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flow
• Preparation of Monthly consolidated statement of income, financial position and cash flow
• Timely production of annual/ quarterly statutory financial statements and monthly financial reports
• Financial modeling and cost analysis
• Ensuring that appropriate system and internal controls are implemented and maintained
• Submit financial information to lenders
• Preparing/ updating policies and procedures
• Ensure the financial statement are prepared in accordance with International financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Liaise with external auditors and internal auditor
• Preparation for the budget cycle exercise
• Drawing budget guidelines
• Discuss and compile data(for operational and capital budget) from each user department
• Transforming budget into financial information
• Budget presentation to the management
• Ensure accurate budget upload in ERP
Closing Financial Yea
• Preparation of schedule of activities for closing and review of Financial Statement closing Process
• Coordinate with External Auditors to ensure that shareholders quarterly and annual reporting deadlines for are met.
• Building up of necessary accruals and provisions in line with company’s policies. Seeking management’s approval whenever needed.
• Preparation of financial statements, letter of representation and agree the disclosures in financial statements with External Auditors
• Preparation Board of Directors annual report and ensuring its interface with Financial Statements
• Preparation of Company’s monthly activity report for shareholders
• Discussion with concerned department for preparation of the monthly report
• Review and reporting of monthly consolidated financial statements
• To solve any accounting issue relating to accounting and IFRS and agree the accounting treatment with external auditors .
• To provide property plant and equipment details and business interruption for insurance renewal
• Authorize payments and sign chegues
Writing of report and correspondence for various purposes
• Compiling statistical information for presentation to government or other official bodies
• Review and approval of accounting entries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance Management
• Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent
• Require 5 to 10 years’ experience in financial control and management reporting
• Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software (ERP) principles
• Able to demonstrate experience of managing a mid-size accounting team
• The candidates should be confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in dynamic environment
• Able to demonstrate good attention to details, good judgment showing logical decision making, and a hands on approach.
• The employee is to be aware of the general requirement of quality and environment Management systems as per ISO 9001:200 and 14001:2004 respectively and comply with the same