The Systems Administrator is a member of the 24x7 ICT Operations Team and is primarily responsible for the management, administration, support, and ongoing maintenance of the organization's various servers and IT systems deployed to support the business operations.
1. Monitoring, scheduling/running of system backups, system upgrades, preventative maintenance, hardware replacement, system troubleshooting, logs review, etc.
2. Work independently and as part of the ICT Operations Team to identify root cause issues and determine proper problem resolution.
3. Work closely with application support personnel to support business critical systems.
4. Design, build and support server platforms (both physical and virtual) for use by business and application deployment.
5. Represent the IT team in corporate projects/initiatives.
6. Participate in disaster recovery drills.
7. Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
8. Provide guidance to junior team members.
9. Should have experience with device monitoring and event logging software (Nagios, ManageEngine, Microsoft SCCM)
10. Should have a general knowledge of email filtering, anti-SPAM and UTM appliances and solutions.
11. Should have experience in deployment, administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Intel based server hardware.
12. Should have experience in VMware ESX virtualization technologies and strategies.
13. Should have experience in Microsoft System Center Operation Manager.
14. Should have knowledge of administering and troubleshooting Windows Client (7, 8, 8.1, 10) and Server (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016) Operating Systems, including AD components, file servers permissions, group objects, printer management and event log troubleshooting.
15. Should have general knowledge of the following disciplines: Web Services, FTP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, AD Group Policies, IIS/Apache, LDAP, and Patch Management.
16. Should have knowledge of physical infrastructure such as cabling, electrical power and UPS.
17. Should have experience with Linux OS administration, troubleshooting and maintenance (RedHat, CentOS, SuSE)
18. Should have Exchange 2013/2016 administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
19. Should have NAS and or SAN administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
20. Should have Symantec Netbackup administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
21. Should have Symantec Backup Exec administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
22. Should have Veeam Backup and Replication administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
23. Should have tape libraries or autoloader administration, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
24. Should have experience with: PowerShell scripting, support and troubleshooting of Microsoft Server Operating Systems issues, support and troubleshooting of Intel based server hardware including RAID technologies.
25. Should have experience with anti-virus server and client policy management.
26. Should have experience with mobile device management solutions
27. Familiarity with disaster recovery planning/methods/strategies a plus
28. Should have an understanding of fundamental IP networking concepts. Know what is LAN/WAN, Routing, VPNs, TCP/IP, ICMP, MTU, and IP subnetting.
29. Perform server and security audits, and network related system backups and recovery.
30. Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
31. Provide guidance to junior team members.
32. Must be flexible and available for after-hours work.
33. Strong team player.
Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interpret and simplify complex concepts
B.Sc. in IT, or MIS, or Computer Science or any related field
Individuals with ITIL, CCNA, MCSE, VCP certifications will be preferred.
Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role and hand on experience with the following:
Enterprise servers, storage systems, virtualization platforms and datacenter facilities.
Windows desktop and server systems, software and services
Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, and Certificate Services
Expertise in Exchange, Active Directory, Backups, AntiVirus, File/Print services.
Windows OS, MS Office
- Investor’s Relations & Corporate Governance Manager Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 10 - 15 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 21-07-2019 View Details
- Assistant Finance Manager - Retail hypermarkets, retail Experience: 5 - 7 Country: BAHRAIN Last date to apply: 13-07-2019 View Details
- Operations Manager Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 5 - 10 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 08-06-2019 View Details
- Manager & Quantity Surveyor Fabrication of Structural Steels Experience: 15 - 20 Country: SAUDI ARABIA Last date to apply: 08-06-2019 View Details
- Head of Engineering Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 10 - 10 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 25-05-2019 View Details