Senior Project Manager
The Projects Construction Senior Manager is responsible for all the technical planning & delivery of all construction projects as per company approved master plan, budget, business plan and target delivery dates. This will include infra-coordination with the infrastructure section within the department. He/ she will lead and manage the project during the design and construction stages up to the expiry of the defects liability period for the successful completion of the project.
Provide periodic reports on division performance and on-going status of the projects and submit to the Projects and Development Deputy CEO
Formulate the projects strategy and programme for the year with guidance from the Projects and Development Deputy CEO. This includes defining the technical deliverables
Develop the Projects Execution Plan (PEP) to manage the design and construction of contracts; monitor and supervise all activities related to construction work in terms of time, cost and quality to ensure successful completion of the project within the identified constraints of target delivery dates and budget.
Lead the design and construction process for the successful completion of the project. Manage all appointed consultants and contractors.
In conjunction with the Sales Forecast Plan, manage the project delivery programme including providing anticipated cash flow information. Additionally, prepare annual budget requirement reports.
Carry out simple peer reviews of designs and specifications submitted by consultants for technical compliance and practical use. Additional review for value engineering opportunities and overall cost savings.
Assist and advise controlled change measures during project delivery ensuring all changes are justified and provide value for money.
Lead supervision, quality control, and budgetary restraints for project delivery
Engage as necessary with the Infrastructure Project Senior Manager and Project Executives to identify and resolve all design, delivery and coordination issues that may arise at any post contract phase of any projects.
Assist procurement with drafting technical requirements and evaluation of RFPs, tenders and IARs
Assist with contract negotiations and changes in contract value and project duration
Ensure transparency in communication with the team members so as to enable inclusive functioning of the department
Mentor all team members for performance and work closely with them during the various stages of performance cycle (goal setting, performance evaluations etc.)
Work closely with Recruitment Supervisor to recruit proficient individuals in order to build a capable team
Perform all other duties, as assigned by CEO, Projects and Development Deputy CEO or as per business requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and/ or post graduate degree in Engineering
• Professionals with certification in Risk Management, Health and Safety & PMP are preferable
• Member of recognised and accredited professional institute such as ICE.
• Minimum 10 years’ construction and/or infrastructure planning and delivery experience on high-profile real estate development projects
• Candidates with experience in the Middle East are preferred
• Commercial experience using FIDEC contracts is desirable
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills; self-confident.
• Project management abilities and knowledge of project and contract management software (MS Project/ Primavera)
• Strong capacity to lead and manage various teams and managing conflicts
• Strong MS-Office (MS-PowerPoint, MS-Excel and MS-Word) skills
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Knowledge of Construction Design Software (e.g. AutoCAD, Micro-Station)
• Knowledge and understanding of capital improvement cost estimation and contract administration
• Strong organizational, problem solving, decision making, strategic thinking, negotiation and analytical skills
• Self-driven professional commitment
Knowledge and application of required technical standards
- General Manager Engineering Consultancy Experience: 10 - 15 Country: OMAN Last date to apply: 12-01-2019 View Details
- Training Development Officer Insurance Experience: 3 - 6 Country: BAHRAIN Last date to apply: 06-01-2019 View Details
- General Manager Diverse Group of Companies Experience: 10 - 12 Country: QATAR Last date to apply: 06-01-2019 View Details
- Administration Coordinator Investment Banking Experience: 3 - 5 Country: BAHRAIN Last date to apply: 01-01-2019 View Details
- Project Manager / Account Executive Communication Experience: 4 - 5 Country: BAHRAIN Last date to apply: 31-12-2018 View Details